CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 57 Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Creative Activities
COVID-19 Planning and Preparedness Virtual Town Hall, July 1
To: Faculty and Staff
Please join a virtual town hall for faculty and staff that I am co-hosting with Ronald S. Brookmeyer, dean of the Jonathan and Karin Fielding School of Public Health, on Wednesday, July 1, from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m.
Dean Brookmeyer and I will be joined by UCLA infectious disease, environmental health and student health experts Peter Katona, Michelle Sityar, Nurit Katz and John Bollard as they discuss and answer questions on UCLA’s infection control, symptom monitoring, and testing and contact tracing procedures now in effect for everyone working on, living on or returning to campus.
COVID-19 PLANNING AND PREPAREDNESS AT UCLA
VIRTUAL TOWN HALL
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
3:15 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: Zoom webinar capacity is limited. If capacity is reached, additional viewers can tune in via YouTube livestream.
PANELISTS AND TOPICS
Peter Katona, clinical professor of medicine in infectious diseases and adjunct professor of public health in epidemiology:
- L.A. County key data trajectory
- Infection control policies and procedures, including respiratory and fomite transmission risk, social distancing measures, masks and the need for disinfecting surfaces
Michelle Sityar, director of the UCLA Emergency Operations Center and executive officer of UCLA Environment, Health & Safety:
- UCLA’s COVID-19 symptom monitoring process
- Scope and requirements for the online symptom survey
- Symptom monitoring data security
- What to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Strategies for on-site temperature checks
- What UCLA will do in response to learning about COVID-19 cases
Nurit Katz, operations section chief of the UCLA Emergency Operations Center, executive officer of facilities management and chief sustainability officer:
- Stricter cleaning and disinfecting protocols for COVID-19
John Bollard, interim co-executive director of the UCLA Arthur Ashe Student Health and Wellness Center:
- Current efforts on campus to contain the spread of COVID-19
- Fall preview: UCLA’s plans for a safe return to campus
- Proactive response to symptom monitoring survey
- Testing for COVID-19
- Case investigation and contact tracing
- Isolation and quarantine requirements
Presentations will be followed by Q&A. Please submit questions in advance to [email protected].
A video recording of the town hall will be available for viewing at the UCLA Research and Creative Activities website after the event.
Vice Chancellor for Research and Creative Activities